Abstract submissions for CQUIPS+ virtual poster abstracts are now being accepted and are due on March 21, 2021. Submissions should focus on either:
- A quality improvement or patient safety project that demonstrates results and/or lessons learned
- Research focused on patient safety and quality improvement
Abstracts with preliminary or final results will be considered for selection. Submissions on all topics related to quality improvement and patient safety are welcome. Submissions related to health equity and health system resilience, the two thematic strategic priorities of C-QuIPS, are particularly encouraged.
Guidelines for submission
Submitted abstracts are a maximum of 350 words and should include the following information (as applicable):
- Background/context – What is the problem of interest? Provide a brief description of the background/issue statement.
- Aim/objectives – What is the aim of your project?
- Measures – What are the outcomes/process/balance measures? How do you know if your project/research resulted in an improvement?
- Improvement/innovation/change concepts – Briefly describe the outcomes, program design, change ideas and how they have been implemented, as applicable.
- Impact/results – Did your changes result in an improvement? Summarize key outcomes and/or results and describe the extent to which the initiative has demonstrated an impact on health outcomes or health system performance. Preliminary results will be considered.
- Discussion/lessons learned – Have results been replicated outside its original setting? What key lessons were learned? What are the next steps?
- Background – What is the gap in the literature that this study aims to address and what is the purpose of your study?
- Methods – What methodological approach and methods did you use for your study?
- Results – What are the findings of your study?
- Conclusion – What are the conclusions and implications of your study findings?
Please submit your abstract here.
Selection: Posters will be selected based on originality and innovativeness, analysis of quality or knowledge gap, methodological rigour, quality of data, learning value, clarity and completeness of abstract.
Accepted abstracts: If your abstract is accepted, you will be expected to:
- Upload a one-page poster PDF to CQUIPS+
- Submit a three-minute recorded presentation (optional but strongly encouraged)
Note: A select number of posters will be invited to be presented as virtual oral abstracts