Not sure if this is the right program for you? Check out the CQUIPS Program Comparison Chart here.
- Live classes: Tuesday afternoons from 1-4:30 p.m. (20 sessions from Sept. 2023 to June 2024)
- Additional: assignments and individual QI project work
In-person session at CQuIPS’ SickKids site (Suite 630, 525 University Ave., Toronto)
- Physicians: $4,995 CAD
- Residents/fellows/trainees: $2,995 CAD
- Health professionals: $2,995 CAD
The certificate course covers a wide range of quality improvement and patient safety (QIPS) topics to prepare participants for the successful execution of QI initiatives. Participants will learn fundamental QIPS skills including process mapping, change concepts, PDSA, run charts and how to lead change.
For an example of course content, click here to see last year’s syllabus.
The course is delivered through bi-weekly sessions that combine didactic lectures, interactive exercises, small and large group discussions and special presentations. Dedicated time is provided for participants to network with course faculty, coaches and other participants throughout the year.
Participants apply their in-class learning to a QI project carried out in their workplace; we assign each participant a coach who will provide one-on-one guidance and support throughout the year.
Note: We will transition to in-person delivery of the Certificate course in accordance with the public health guidance and only if we are able to do so while ensuring the health and safety of course participants and faculty.
- Health professionals in practice (e.g., clinicians, allied health professionals, administrators) whose work or role actively involves QI or patient safety
- Senior trainees seeking to make QI or patient safety a career focus in either an academic or a community-based setting
Participants in the certificate course will hear from a number of engaging speakers, including clinicians and health care leaders, who are highly respected experts in their fields. We carefully select speakers with different professional backgrounds who have demonstrated track records in successfully implementing QI initiatives in a variety of health care settings.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2023-2024 Certificate Course in Patient Safety and Quality Improvement. Completed applications must be received by 4pm on Friday April 28th, 2023 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.