The fastest way to spread quality improvement initiatives, successes and learnings from failures is through a strong network. That’s why one of our 2020-24 strategic plan goals is to grow our community – to create more opportunities for shared learning and the pursuit of joint research and improvement initiatives. It is through this lens that we are thrilled to announce our eight inaugural C-QuIPS Improvement Fellows:
- Mo Alhaj, Department of Family and Community Medicine, St. Michael’s Hospital, Unity Health Toronto
- Genevieve Bouchard-Fortier, Gynaecologic Oncology, University Health Network – joint C-QuIPS-Choosing Wisely Canada Fellow
- Allison Brown, Department of Medicine, University of Calgary
- Natasha Gakhal, Rheumatology, Women’s College Hospital
- Beth Gamulka, Pediatric Medicine/Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Hospital for Sick Children
- Ashraf Kharrat, Neonatology, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Samuel Vaillancourt, Emergency Medicine, St. Michael’s Hospital, Unity Health Toronto
- Jennifer Wong, Speech-Language Pathology, Sunnybrook Veteran’s
These individuals all have advanced QI training and bring diversity in terms of their clinical and professional backgrounds, organizational workplaces and QI interests and experiences. For the next 12-18 months, they will be integrated with our team, supporting quality and patient safety activities that are priorities for both C-QuIPS and our partner organizations as they further develop their QI experience and leadership.
“We were overwhelmed by the quality of candidates who applied,” said Joanne Goldman, C-QuIPS Fellowship Director. “We hope with this fellowship to foster a community of improvement – our Fellows will regularly be connecting with one another, working together and learning from one another. We are positive they will continue to make incredible contributions to the QIPS field.”
As a further example of connection and collaboration, one of the Fellows, Genevieve Bouchard-Fortier, has been selected as a joint C-QuIPS-Choosing Wisely Canada (CWC) Fellow. C-QuIPS staff have actively been engaged in CWC priorities and we are happy to support Bouchard-Fortier as she is embedded within the national CWC campaign and aligns her initiative with campaign priorities/national implementation activities.
Stay tuned for more information on our Fellows and their work!