Healthcare Improvement Fellowship
The Healthcare Improvement Fellowship is a joint venture between CQUIPS and Choosing Wisely Canada (CWC) which aims to support a community of Fellows and provide advanced training in quality improvement and patient safety.
Participants with advanced training in quality improvement and patient safety (QIPS) will have the opportunity to further develop their experience, expertise and leadership in the QIPS field. Additionally, Fellows will be integrated into initiatives that advance overall missions and strategic priorities of CQuIPS and CWC with the support of a community to learn with and from one another.
The Healthcare Improvement Fellowship consists of the following core components:
1a. QI project/research: Fellows will have an assigned CQuIPS mentor they will meet with to identify personalized Fellowship goals and an activity plan. Based on their interests and priorities, we will embed Fellows on a project/initiative at CQuIPS or one of the partner sites being led or supported by a CQuIPS leader or core member that is organizationally aligned and appropriately resourced to increase likelihood of project success. Alternatively, Fellows could bring their own project/initiative to the Fellowship program if it is determined to have alignment with the interests and expertise of CQuIPS mentors. Projects aligned with the CQuIPS priorities of equity and health system resilience are of particular interest.
1b. Choosing Wisely Canada-CQuIPS Improvement Fellowship: One of the Fellowship positions will be a joint Choosing Wisely Canada-CQuIPS Improvement Fellowship. The selected Fellow will be embedded within the national Choosing Wisely Canada campaign and align their initiative with campaign priorities or national implementation activities.
2. Monthly Fellowship meetings: Fellows will participate in monthly two-hour meetings that are a combination of Fellow presentations, expert guest speakers and other formats such as journal club. The meetings will be a combination of in-person and virtual gatherings.
3. CQuIPS involvement: Fellows will become involved in CQuIPS activities in a way that is professionally meaningful and relevant to each Fellow. This could involve teaching in a CQuIPS education program, joining a CQUIPS+ work stream such as the virtual poster committee, becoming a member of a CQuIPS QI program with a community organization, etc.
- Individuals must be a graduate of an advanced QIPS education program
- We encourage individuals from any healthcare professional training background and/or relevant graduate school training background to apply, including early-career leaders, quality and safety professionals and researchers.
- Applicants must attest to having protected time to carry out Fellowship-related work and attend Fellow sessions.
• September 2023 to June 2024.
• Full day sessions, 3 times throughout the year
• Monthly 2 hour meetings
Applications are now closed for the 2023-2024 Fellowship
Our educational programs range from one-day workshops to longitudinal programs that are conducted on a local, national and international level. In all our offerings, we strive to ensure that learners have meaningful learning opportunities and create networks and connections throughout the community.