Excellence in Quality Improvement Certificate Program (EQUIP)
The goal of the EQUIP is to train current and future clinicians and leaders working at university-affiliated academic health centres or clinics to build capacity in QI.
EQUIP’s enriched content and deeper dive into QI methodologies make projects more likely to succeed, and will prepare participants to maximize their project’s impact and receive academic recognition for their work. Learn more here.
This course is delivered through:
- Six full days of virtual training over the course of nine months that feature a mix of didactic and interactive small group sessions and peer presentations (designed to allow participants from outside Toronto to attend)
- Seven monthly webinars from Sept. 2023-April 2024 serve as project check points and provide the opportunity for faculty to provide distance coaching for QI project work and peers to learn from each other
Each participants is assigned a one-on-one faculty coach to provide guidance and support throughout the program to help them recognize and avoid common missteps.
- Academic faculty seeking to more meaningfully integrate QI into their clinical work or scholarly activities.
- Senior trainees wanting to make QI an academic career focus.
- Health professionals in advanced practice or leadership positions working in academic health centres.
Our internationally-recognized faculty team are practicing clinicians and experts in the field of QI, whose members have a track record not only in executing QI projects successfully in an academic setting, but also producing publications in high-impact journals such as JAMA Internal Medicine¸ Academic Medicine, and BMJ Quality & Safety. For a full list of course faculty and speakers, click here.
Core faculty team members serve as directors or core faculty members for various advanced QI training programs offered at UofT, including the first Masters of Science program in QIPS in Canada, a longitudinal certificate program in QI, as well as an innovative faculty-trainee co-learning model for faculty development in QI.
Beyond the University of Toronto, members of our core faculty team have made significant contributions to national and international faculty development programs in QIPS through collaboration with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the Association of American Medical Colleges.
• Six days of virtual training (July 24-26, 2023 and May 1-3, 2024), and monthly webinars (Sept. 2023 to Apr. 2024)
• Half-day per week for individual project work in addition to the virtual sessions and webinars
$6,500 (CAD) *2023-2024 rates
Applications are now closed for the 2023-2024 EQUIP. Please inquire for information regarding future EQUIP cohorts.
Our educational programs range from one-day workshops to longitudinal programs that are conducted on a local, national and international level. In all our offerings, we strive to ensure that learners have meaningful learning opportunities and create networks and connections throughout the community.